The inflammation of the joints creates a disorder that is commonly known as Arthritis. It generally results from the degradation of the cartilage which is connective tissue and protects joints by absorbing pressure and shock that is created in joints. The joints have the function of allowing movement in the body that is disrupted by this condition. The disruption in joint movement is accompanied by joint pain. Arthritis is a rheumatic illness that affects the joints, ligaments, cartilage, muscles, and tendons.
Symptoms Of Arthritis
Arthritis is a common in old age, it directly impacts physical movement of the body. Below are symptoms of Arthritis that could help to identify condition.
- Pain, inflammation, and stiffness in the joints
- Fever and swelling of the glands
- Weight loss and fatigue
Causes Of Arthritis
Arthritis could relate to a lifestyle of individual, and also many other reasons.
- It can be caused due to an injury and is called degenerative arthritis
- It can be caused by abnormal metabolism
- It can be a genetic disorder that is usually inherited
- It can occur due to infections
- Conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus are caused by an overactive immune system
Yoga For Flexibility: Reduce Pain In Arthritis Condition
Yoga is a great way to relax the joints and reduce pain in case of arthritis. The movement and the stretching which is an integral part of yoga can help alleviate the low back pain that is associated with Arthritis. There is a need to practice Yoga mindfully and it should be done only to the extent that it does not cause pain. Another aspect of Yoga is deep breathing which also provides a lot of relief in Arthritis. The gentle stretching and the flexibility along with the breathwork can be helpful for people with Arthritis. The improved chest expansion also helps people with the condition. The deep, diaphragm breathing in Yoga is an important part of the benefits with arthritis patients. You should discuss with your doctors before giving Yoga a try.
Best Yoga For Arthritis
Below are some of the most beneficial Yoga poses for Arthritis patients:
Cat-Cow Pose (Chakravakasana)
Cat-Cow Pose is a wonderful asana that is the fusion of 2 poses (cat pose and cow pose). It provides great benefits by stretching the body and warming up the spine.
Below are the steps
- First, you need to put your wrists under your shoulders, and knees under your hips. Place the shins and the knees at a distance of hip-width. Keep your head in the center, stay stable, and gaze downward
- Start the Cow Pose by Inhaling and dropping your belly downward
- Pull your chest and chin and gaze upwards
- Keep your shoulder blades in a broad position and draw away your shoulders
- Move to Cat Pose by exhaling and drawing your belly up rounding your back towards the ceiling
- Release your head and move toward the floor
- Inhale and come back to Cow Pose
- Exhale and return to Cat Pose
Benefits of this pose
The pose ensures good relief to the body and helps the muscles relax. It improves posture and increases balance. The pose is ideal to relieve back pain. The pose provides a synchronized movement of breath and relieves stress.
Cow Face Pose (Gomukhasana)
This is a seated pose that provides a lot of benefits through its gentle stretching.
Below are the Steps
- First, bend your knees after sitting in a staff pose. Slide your left foot under the right knee to the outside of the hip.
- Cross your right leg over the left stacking right knee on top of left
- Try to bring the heels equidistant from hips and sit evenly
- Bring your left arm straight up
- Bend left elbow and bring left hand on the back of your neck
- Lift the right arm to the right side, bend the elbow, and bring the right arm up to the center of the back
- Clasp both hands and draw both elbows towards the center while keeping head straight and breathe evenly
- Release both arms and inhale
Benefits of this pose
The pose helps to correct posture and increase flexibility. It provides a calm and centered body
Angry Cat/ Purring Cat Pose
Ideally a tabletop pose, this pose gives a great way to stretch your spine and relax your body
- Get on all fours and pull your tummy in
- Round out your spine and arch away from the ground
- Take your hips toward the ankles and increase the space between each vertebra
- Stay in this pose and breathe in a stable position
Benefits of Purring Cat Pose
This pose is ideal for stretching and relaxing your body. It lengthens the spine and improves flexibility and posture.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog)
Downward facing dog is the best asana for rejuvenating your body and relaxing all your internal organs.
- Stand with all fours and form a table with your back as the top
- Exhale then lift your hips, straighten your knees and elbows and form an inverted V-shape
- Keep the hands at shoulder width and feet at hip-width and Point the toes straight
- Press your hands on the ground then keep the neck strengthened
- Hold the pose and try to look towards your navel
- Exhale and return to table pose
This pose helps to calm the brain and relieves stress. It alleviates fatigue and energizes the body. The pose helps in complete stretching of the shoulders, calves, hands, and legs. It strengthens the arms and legs and prevents osteoporosis.
Shishuasana (Infant Pose)
This is an asana that relieves the body of fatigue, stables the heart rate, and provides steady circulation.
Steps for Shishuasana
- First, Sit with your hips on your heels then bending forward lower the forehead to the floor
- Maintain your arms alongside the body with your hands stretching out on the floor
- Press the chest as much as you can on to your thighs gently and hold
- Make sure that you come back Slowly and sit on your heels.
Benefits of Shishuasana
The pose helps to relieve stress from the lower back and opens up the hips and inner thighs. It helps to stretch the hamstrings and relieves lower back pain. The pose stretched the spine and calms the body. It helps to reduce stress and fatigue in the body.
Time to Beat Arthritis
Practice the above poses and defeat the Arthritis to have a happy life. If you practice these Yoga asanas regularly you may very well be able to avoid Arthritis condition with growing age. Arthritis is not limited to age, it could happen to a young person as well. Yoga for Arthritis can help to avoid this painful situation.