- Are you worried about PCOS and looking for a natural way to cure it?
- Have you heard of yoga asanas that prove very beneficial in hormonal imbalances?
Cysts in ovaries, hormonal imbalance, and infertility have become quite common these days. You might be facing mood swings, hair fall, weakness, weight gain, or loss without knowing the actual reason. Hormonal disbalance not only affects you physically but mentally as well. It overall affects your well-being. Is there any other option left apart from medicines? Yes, there is!
Yoga for hormonal imbalance in women is a natural way to cure PCOS. Let us know how:
How Yoga Can Help You To Get Rid Of PCOS?
Yoga is not just for physical cure it works at levels much subtler and deeper. It reduces deeply stored stress in the system that improves PCOS symptoms. Yoga asanas for PCOS promote relaxation and help open up the pelvic area. They detoxify and de-stress the entire system. Including the given asanas in your routine will immensely help to cure hormonal imbalance.
Best 10 Yoga Asana For PCOS And Hormonal Imbalance
#1. BaddhaKonasana or Butterfly Pose
Considered as one of the best yoga asanas for PCOS, it helps to relieve menstrual cramps and back pain.
- Sit on the bottom with your legs stretched out straight in front and spine erect.
- Bring the feet together bending both knees out to the side.
- Position your feet in front of the pelvis with a distance of around a fist from your groin.
- Breathe deeper and press your calves and knees down towards the bed with gentle pressure.
- Slowly move both your legs like the butterfly wings for around 60 seconds and release.
#2. Navasana or Boat Pose
This is one of the well-known yoga asanas for hormonal balance that strengthens the legs, spine, and neck. It strengthens the core muscles and reproductive organs.
- Bend your legs from the knees and sit on the mat.
- Lift the legs straight in the air and straighten the hands in line with the knees parallel to the floor.
- Lengthen your spine, relax your shoulders, and balance your hip joint.
- Hold your legs and torso at an angle of 45 degrees from the floor.
- Hold for few seconds and lower our legs down straight in front of you.
#3. Setubhadasana or Bridge Pose
A perfect asana for PCOS problems helps with improving lung capacity, fertility, and menstruation. Back muscles are also strengthened with this asana.
- Place a mat and lie down on a mat.
- Bend your legs from the knees and place them at hip-width apart.
- Lift your hips to the ceiling pushing into the feet and inhale. Slowly exhale with control anddrop the hips back onto the ground.
#4. Balasana or Child Pose
If you’re looking for yoga to regulate hormones go for the child’s pose. With this asana release your lower back strain, menstrual cramps, and PMS symptoms.
- Kneel on the yoga mat and sit on the heels keeping your knees separated about hipness- confines apart.
- Now, bend forward from the midriff and bring your head down in front to touch the bed. Lay your torso down between your shanks.
- Place your hands on the bed at the side of the torso and relax the shoulders towards the bed.
#5. Dhanurasana or Bow Pose
With this pose the blood circulation in the head and pelvic region increases. The pressure from the belly is reduced and the compassing organs are strengthened which makes it a good yoga for hormonal balance.
- Lie down flat on your stomach.
- Drag your belly using your hands.
- Bend your legs from the knee placing your knee apart.
- Extend your hands forward and capture your ankles from the outside. Stay in this pose.
#6. Cat or Cow Pose
This asana is best to relieve the spine, back, and neck muscles.
- Put your hands and knees on the floor and palms shoulder-distance apart from your wrist.
- Keep your knees hip-width apart and spine in a neutral position.
- Lift your head, arch back, and inhale and roll the shoulder blades back.
- Exhale and invert your back pulling in the navel into the spine.
- Tuck your chin towards the chest.
- Continue this movement and sink in your breath to each movement.
#7. Malasana or Garland Pose
It works on your digestive tract to cure bloating and indigestion resulting from PCOS. Providing an intense stretch at the hip, hamstrings, and lower back strengthens the core and pelvic floor.
- Join your hands in namaskar mudra with the toes turned slightly outwards.
- Inhale and bend your knees and slowly lower your hips toward the floor with exhaling.
- Press your thighs with upper arms when the hip is a few inches above the ground.
- Squeeze your thighs inwards to lift through the hips.
- With the torso upright and chest lifted, relax your shoulders.
#8. Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
This pose gives a good stretch to your back and provides strength to the pelvic region.
- Lie down on your stomach with your feet closed, palms underneath the shoulders, elbows straight and hugged the sides.
- Inhale and lift your chest from the ground.
- Roll the shoulders back and lift only till the navel.
- Keep the neck neutral and your gaze should stay on the floor.
- Breathe in and out in this pose.
#9. Ustrasana or Camel Pose
Keep your spine strong and balance hormones with this asana. Kneel upright and hips over the knees.
- With your fingers pointing to the floor rest your hands on the back of your pelvis.
- Gently lean back rolling the shoulders back, with the chest, and move your hips and thighs forward.
- Tuck your chin to the chest keeping your gaze forward.
- Pose deeper if you feel comfortable and hold onto each heel.
#10. PrasaritaPadottanasana or Wide Stance Forward Bend
This pose works best for stretching your gluteal muscles, groin, and hamstrings.
- Stand with your feet wide apart with the right grip.
- Keep your heels firmly grounded to the floor.
- Lengthen your body by lifting it towards the ceiling and slowly bend down.
- Try to bend as much as you can and place your head on the floor.
- Remember to inhale while stretching upright and exhale while bending down.
The above yoga poses can stimulate the overall system, and maintain the optimal function of the body. Regular yoga will lead to consistent production and distribution of hormones around the body. These yoga asanas for hormonal balance will bring new energy and positivity to your life.