This open triangle pose is usually done in two parts i.e. first one will be done by facing left and then facing right. This asana massages your pelvic organs so that you will be cured with the negative effect of faulty postures and the neck sprains. With this open triangle pose your belly will be more toned and you will get a good stretch as well as twist. Triangles pose is also known as Trikonasana yoga pose which strengthens your body and can also improve the alignment.
How to do Trikonasana (Steps):
- To start, stand and put your right foot a big step back
- Turn towards the side of the floor and stretch your arms outward.
- Stay your spine long as you hinge forward at the hip.
- Make your left-hand floating, down to the floor.
- Keep your arms spread out, raise your right arm
- Before leaving this pose to look down to your left foot.
- Do it again from the other side.
Trikonasana (Triangle) benefits:
- This asana helps you to improve blood circulation in Body.
- It is believed that Trikonasana is the best for a stress buster
- one can improve body balance by doing this asana
- It reduces extra fat from the waist and thigh
- One of the best yoga poses for improving digestion
- Maintain mental and physical strength
- Improves flexibility in shoulders and Hips
- It boosts energy, stamina, focus, and body balance.
- Considered as one of the best steps for people who are suffering from back pain.
The main variation of Trikonasana Pose:
1) Utthita trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose):
2) Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose):