Supine spinal Twist pose encourages the movement as well as the mobility in your spine. Generally Twists are the best for increasing flexibility in your spine. This will be helpful in alleviating stiffness in your lower back and hips; tone your abdomen and improve you digestive system. Supta Matsyendrasana can also help in relieving and toning your abdomen.
Steps to Practice Supine Spinal Twist Pose
- Start with lying down, hold your knees and inhale.
- By the use of your left hand, drop down your knees to the left side as you exhale.
- After that stretch your arm to rightward and turn your head.
- Maintain this position for 5-10 breaths.
- Now come to your relaxed position and repeat again with the other side.